The only thing better than a taco is a taco in a taco. This one is filled with delicious pulled chicken and topped with the king of all BBQ Sauces!
- 2 whole large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup + Rufus Teague Touch O&#x27; Heat BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- For assembling the tacos:
- Re-fried beans
- Your favorite shredded cheese
- Hard shell and soft shell tacos
- Pickled pepperoncinis
- Red Cabbage
- Combine water with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce in a medium sized pot. Add bay leaves, salt and peppercorns. Turn the pot on low and let the water come to a low simmer.
- Add your chicken breast to the BBQ/water mixture. Cover with lid.
- Allow the chicken to poach in the liquid for about 20 minutes, or until tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pot. Start to shred and add more bbq sauce to the chicken.
- Once the chicken is shredded, start to assemble your double decker tacos.
- Start with your soft taco. Heat it up slightly, but keep it pliable.
- Spread on your warmed refried beans and sprinkle some shredded cheese.
- Center your hard shell taco in the middle of the soft taco. Bring up the sides of the soft taco.
- Fill the hard shell with the chicken, more sauce, and your favorite toppings!
Other recipes you might like