A hearty stew warms the heart. This stew warms the heart and all the parts around it. Yummm.
And check out THIS ARTICLE on how to easily make sure your stew meat is as tender as possible.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs beef chuck or stew meat
- 2 small yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz pancetta, chopped
- 1 can Guinness beer
- 2 tablespoons Rufus Teague Meat Rub
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (to thicken)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Cube the beef and season with Rufus Teague Meat Rub.
- Heat your pot or dutch oven to high heat and toss in the olive oil. When the oil is hot, brown the meat. Once browned, remove from the pot and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook them down for a few minutes and then, add in the chopped pancetta. Cook the pancetta until browned.
- Add in the Guinness. Then, add flour and stir.
- Add in chopped carrots, celery, bay leaves, thyme, tomato paste, and chicken stock. Place the meat back in. Stir and cover fully.
- Cover and let simmer for 2 hours, until the meat is tender and falling apart. Take the lid off after 2 hours and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Stir, adding salt and pepper. Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprigs and serve in a bowl over mashed potatoes.
Other recipes you might like