Make the classic dog classier by adding bacon and some Smoky Apple deliciousness.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each hot dog and set aside.
- Chop up onion and using foil make a little foil tray and place the onions in the tray.
- Fire up the grill to medium heat. When the grill is hot, place the onion tray on the grill. Drizzle some olive oil over the onions and some salt and pepper. Let them cook down a bit. We are not caramelizing them just cooking them down.
- Cook the bacon wrapped hot dogs until the bacon is cooked and the dogs are cooked through.
- Take onions off grill.
- Place a dog inside each bun, topping with a drizzle of Rufus Smoky Apple BBQ Sauce and some onions.
Other recipes you might like