Sides are the second most important dish at a barbecue. Make sure you're one-upping Aunt Bessy with this tasty pasta salad.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup grated smoked gouda cheese
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- lemon juice
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Rufus Teague Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cut your chicken breasts into thin cutlets and set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat with olive oil. When pan heats up, toss in your chicken and season well with sea salt and black pepper. Let cook through.
- Toss in the penne in boiling water, following cooking directions on package.
- In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Rufus Teague BBQ Sauce. Taste and adjust, if necessary.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, squeeze in ½ a lemon and give it one final toss. Remove chicken from heat when golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Once pasta is finished, drain and place in a bowl.
- Add ½ cup diced onion, 1 cup grated gouda cheese, and 1 avocado to pasta. Mix in dressing.
- Serve and enjoy.
Other recipes you might like