Start your party off right with these tasty little treats. Smoky, sweet and sausage-y.
- 1 cup smoked sausage, chopped roughly
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 12 mini corn tortillas
- ½ cup Rufus Teague Smoky Apple BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ c parsley, chopped
- Fry tortillas until nice and crisp.
- Start making the filling. Add onions, garlic, smoked sausage, bell pepper, and tomato into pan with a little butter. Cook down until all the veggies are softened and the sausage is slightly browned. Add the Rufus Teague BBQ sauce. If it’s looking too thick, add some water or beef stock to thin out.
- While the sausage, veggies, and sauce are coming together, add rosemary. Make sure that you are not overcooking the vegetables; you still want to have a bit of a snap to the onions and peppers.
- Top the toastadas and place in oven for 7 minutes. Half way through the baking process, add the shredded cheese.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Other recipes you might like