Just a damn-fine chicken pot pie. That's what we're making.
- 1 package Filo dough
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon Rufus Teague Chick N&#x27; Rub
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lay out the dough in stacks of 5 or more.
- Season the chicken breasts with Rufus Teague Chick N' Rub and cook them in a pan with olive oil. When chicken is just cooked thru, take off and shred with forks and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter and toss in the chopped onion, carrot, and celery. Let that cook down for about 5 minutes. Then, add all the rest of the ingredients. Cook them all together for 10 minutes. Then, add back in the shredded chicken. Mix and season with salt and black pepper.
- Butter or grease cast iron skillet. Carefully lay the Filo dough into the skillet, until it’s flat at the bottom, with sides hanging over the edge. Trim away excess dough and then, scoop your chicken filling into the middle. Mix around, so it’s evenly distributed in the skillet. Place another layer of Filo dough over the top, gently pressing it down to form around the filling. Trim off any excess dough and the pinch it around the rim of the skillet, sealing it together. With a fork, poke the center to release steam.
- Bake that for 25-30 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Check often as Filo dough burns faster than regular dough. Serve warm.
Other recipes you might like