Meatballs with a cheesy surprise on the inside and a delicious BBQ and beer surprise on outside.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground veal
- 1 green onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Rufus Teague Meat Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 large block sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz beer
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup Rufus Teague Maple Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add panko to milk. Set aside.
- Mix the tree types of meat together. Add Rufus Teague Meat Rub, salt, pepper, green onion, and garlic to the meat.
- Strain the panko. Add to meatball mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Allow to set in fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- While the mixture is setting up, dice your cheese into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Form your meatballs into a round, push the cube of cheese into the center, and close up tightly.
- Allow to set up for another 15 minutes.
- While the meatballs are setting up, heat up about 3 cups of canola oil. 375 degrees is ideal.
- Fry meatballs in the oil for about 5-7 minutes till all sides are browned.
- While the meatballs are frying up, get started on your sauce.
- Heat up sauce pot and reduce your beer by half. Add your bay leaf and Rufus Teague BBQ Sauce. Cook down on high heat for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Remove bay leaf.
- Take the meatballs out of the oil and serve immediately with your sauce.
Other recipes you might like