This recipe combines a bar food favorite with the greatness of barbecued pork. Get ready for this cheesy, smoky, spicy bit of heaven and enjoy all the taste of a jalapeño popper rolled in delicious pork.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Rufus Teague Spicy Meat Rub and jalapeños.
- Wash and dry the tenderloins. Cut lengthwise down middle of each loin being careful to only go 3/4 of the way through. Do not cut completely in half.
- Open up tenderloins and spread half of cheese/pepper mixture in middle of each one.
- Close up tenderloins making sure that cheese isn’t spilling out.
- Starting at one end and working around loin, tightly wrap each entirely with bacon.
- Place cut side up on 300º grill over indirect heat. (Or oven at 300º or smoker at 275º)
**It’s important to make sure heat is indirect so that bacon cooks evenly and cheese doesn’t get so hot it bubbles out.
- After 1 hour, baste with Blazin’ Hot BBQ Sauce.
- Cook until bacon is crisp and pork has an internal temp of 165º. Around 1 1/2 -2 hours.
- Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Other recipes you might like