Your mouth is not worthy (or likely big enough) for this colossal burger. Well worth the effort.
- Slice onion very thin. Place in a baking dish and cover with buttermilk and soak for at least an hour.
- Oven bake your bacon at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. While the bacon is crisping, start on your onion strings.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Grab a handful of onions, throw into the flour mixture, tap to shake off excess, and submerge into hot oil. Fry for a few minutes and remove from the oil when golden brown.
- Set on paper towel to drain excess oil. Set aside and start cooking your burger.
- Take the Meat Rub and season your beef patties on both sides with Rufus Teague Steak Rub.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to your skillet. Cook patties for about 3 minutes on each side. Add a slice of cheddar cheese between each layer.
- Remove bacon from the oven.
- Toast your brioche bun and start assembling your burger with slice of cheese on each patty.
- Add the onion rings and top with Rufus Teague Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce to finish off your Mega Western Burger.
Other recipes you might like