Fajitas! This is a quick and easy way to create this Mexican favorite right at home. With perfectly seasoned chicken and all the fixins you'll find this recipe "muy bueno".
- 1 ½ lb boneless chicken breasts (cut into thin strips)
- 1 teaspoon Rufus Teague Chick N’ Rub
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups steamed mexican rice
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, sliced for garnish
- 8-10 corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut chicken breast into thin strips. Coat chicken strips with olive oil then sprinkle with Rufus Teague Chick N’ Rub, cumin and chili powder. Toss around until adequately mixed.
- Slice onion and peppers. After tossing them in the same mix as your chicken, lay them out on sheet pan. Make sure they are a nice, even layer and not just in a pile.
- Place sheet pan into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the peppers and onions are charred.
- Take pan out of the oven and toss everything together with some fresh squeezed lime juice and chopped cilantro. Serve alongside warmed tortillas, sour cream, avocado slices, lime, and salsa.
Other recipes you might like